As a Junior Taxonomist role, you will contribute to the development of the Centricity taxonomy as a world class structure across grocery and non-grocery verticals, specifically updating hierarchies and maintaining facets. Also, you will identify and facilitate department level changes to support client needs and future growth of the Centricity taxonomy.
The position is in the Product organization. You will work with other members of the Product org as well as members of our Data Annotation team. You will work with the Director of Taxonomy (DoT) as well as other members of the team to understand new features of the Taxonomy part of the Admin tool, to submit jira requests for attention to problems, and implement new requests.
You will demonstrate transparency in your work and communication. Centricity emphasizes documentation and you'll be expected to participate in that process. As a strong candidate, you'll identify documentation needs, either developing it yourself or seeking assistance from the DoT or the Centricity Copywriter.
- 3+ years of experience of taxonomy or library science-related experience.
- Retail data experience preferred
- Analytical and detail-oriented, with a strong emphasis in systems-thinking
- Customer-obsessed and results-oriented
- Works well both independently and in collaboration with business- and non-business minded people. Can ramp up to manage tasks and problems with minimal supervision but also communicates status and/or solicits help as necessary
- Comfortable working with colleagues to address issues with taxonomy tool or provide input to engineers, as requested.
- Ability and willingness to identify and discuss changes to taxonomy process, opportunities for changes to the tool, potential taxonomy-related inconsistencies, etc.