Creative Director, Product Design & Branding
Centricity is an AI & Machine Learning company bringing actionable, customer centric insights to today’s modern retailer & CPG companies. We harness billions of customer data points for insights that lead to strategic purchase decisions. In a disrupted retail landscape, our automated data and trend spotting keeps you ahead of the curve. Modern retailing demands modern tools, and Centricity is built for that exact purpose.
Centricity offers our clients a revolutionary tool to discover large gaps between consumer intent and product offerings. We continue to develop into a platform that provides our clients the tools and analyses to make decisions and act upon those decisions based on real data at an industry-leading speed.
About the role
Centricity is looking for someone to lead our design efforts, but also wear many hats along the way. You will oversee UI, UX and Graphic Design across the suite of Centricity’s products, both internal and external.
As a part of an early stage startup, you will focus on other creative work too, such as content creation, brand strategy, and other marketing projects. (Long-term, these responsibilities will be passed on to a larger marketing team, but for now, they’ll be yours.) Ideally, we’re looking for someone with experience building and mentoring a creative team, capable of both leading from a high level and creating alongside your team.
- Build, lead and mentor a dynamic team, spanning art direction, design, and copy. (Currently a team of 3, growing to 5+)
- Work alongside and collect feedback from your users, Product team and other stakeholders to identify requirements and gaps in existing projects.
- Craft and execute a strategy for implementing designs addressing user problems and product requirements.
- Creates and enforces Design Strategy in line with organizational goals and objectives
- Successfully guide the creative process and the creative team’s work from start to finish by managing project flow and prioritization.
- Build out the design section of our style guide to deliver a differentiated, evocative brand aesthetic and voice to guide all creative initiatives.
- Bring our brand to life by leading both our UI design and content marketing strategies.
- A strong, dynamic portfolio that demonstrates your creative vision and aesthetic and your ability to elevate a brand within UI design and across a wide range of platforms.
- Strong experience directly managing and developing a team of designers and copywriters, with the ability to not only lead, but to also coach and inspire
- Experience driving creative production, including developing and managing budgets, managing producer/PM(s), and creating + managing to creative production processes that deliver assets on-time and on-budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge (and application of knowledge) of UI/UX theory.
- Mastery of color theory, typography, iconography, wireframing & prototyping.
- Experience working in a start-up or fast-paced environment, where innovation and rapid iteration is essential and priorities can change frequently.
- Experience in brand creative direction, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Deep knowledge and interest in Retail and CPG industries.
- Familiarity & understanding of application design requirements with respect to ADA compliance.